In August I ran 405 miles, running on every day of the month with 16 miles being my longest single run and my highest one-day mileage being 30.2...I've tended to do multiple runs over the course of a day with speed deemphasized. I didn't measure my walking distance but estimate that the monthly total amounted to about 100 miles. I have been training with the goal of being able to run any distance race coming up that is half-marathon length or less...I'd like that capability to be a year-round sort of thing...not that anything near Gainesville is happening in the near future other than the weekly, free 5K Saturday (early) morning races at Depot Park I've been regularly shirking. Running during most of the day is easy for me...getting up early in the morning for it isn't. But maybe it's time for me to shift into a habit pattern of not staying up too late at night and shifting the waking hours to early morning...after all, that's what South Park says old people do. I do remember that brief time in Leesburg, Florida many years ago when I was a breakfast cook at Jerry's and the place would instantly fill up at 6 am with all those retired folks...might as well get a head start on this early rising even though Jerry's has sadly gone by the wayside...
Thursday, September 1, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment