Just when it looked like my poor lawn would finally dry up and stop resembling a rice paddy, the sky opened up today and its right back to where it was, a big, green saturated sponge. And it looks like there's plenty more rain to come...good grief. I'm looking forward to dryer times...if that ever happens. But after watching the Weather Channel lately, it looks as if the rest of the country has its own weather issues. I sometimes entertain a daydream of just getting on a plane and going to one of the many places further up north that hold half-marathons this time of year, because it's supposedly colder there, you see. One of the places, Scottsbluff in western Nebraska, is holding one in a couple of weeks. But according to TWC, temperatures have recently climbed to 99 degrees there. And these heat waves have been horrible this summer, subjecting normally more temperate places like Oregon, Montana, Minnesota and New Hampshire at different times to horrendous conditions. Maybe I'll just stick to an air-conditioned lifestyle for a while...
Thursday, September 8, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment