As Melissa and I head out of town to Daytona Beach on this stormy weekend, many other folks are pouring into Gainesville to partake of the festivities of the University of Florida Fightin' Gators football team as they try to beat Kentucky this evening. Everyone's excited because they won their first game last Saturday...if only by the skin of their teeth. But confidence morphing into cockiness abounds...sooner or later they're gonna lose and that will be tough for some to withstand. I've been to three UF home games since 1977...all of them due to others inviting me or handing over their tickets due to other commitments. The only time I "enjoyed" the experience was the time during Muschamp's last year as coach when it was homecoming and Missouri humiliated Florida...that was all right with me: I was sitting with Melissa in the front row in the end zone cushioned chairs instead of those bleachers. With bleachers, you come to an early conclusion that you have a simple choice: either stay seated and only see the backs of the people standing up in front of you or stand up yourself and block the people behind you...no thanks! No, we'll be out on the oceanfront, most probably ignoring the Gators and other sporting events. Hope the truckers aren't out there...they really screwed up our Labor Day weekend visit there a couple of years ago...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment