Thursday, August 4, 2022

Podcasts Helpful for Self-Enlightenment, With Limitations

I don't think life has to be all that complicated, with myriad rules and regulation for daily living cluttering up one's mind at every moment.  One of the things I like about the Mindset Mentor podcast I've been listening to is that its host, personal development coach Rob Dial, while putting out four different episodes each week on differing topics, comes back to repeat himself on what he considers as the most important principles for being effective and enjoying life.  This past week, for example, his shows emphasized the importance of time over money, manifesting one's thoughts, mastering one's emotions, and purging in different areas of life...all areas I've heard him cover before.  His suggestions, if accumulated over the course of weeks, can become a legalized set of rules if I allow it in spite of his presentation of I discern as a self-consistent and manageable philosophy for tackling life.  Instead, I take the most important principles he espouses (that I agree with) and go from there, in small doses.  No one source is my only source for information and enlightenment...I take it in from the people I'm around as well, and even fictional characters in the books I read and movies I watch.  All of it, however, with an inner discernment for the truth and what is really important and what is not...each of us has to be the arbitrator of that for ourselves...   

No comments:

Post a Comment