In one of his Mindset Mentor podcasts, life coach Rob Dial lays out five suggestions to help us listeners to overcome the mental inertia in our daily lives that leads to laziness and drifting. He starts by emphasizing the need for us to visualize exactly what it is we're trying to accomplish...something that too many folks don't do as they go through their lives on autopilot. Let's try to see ahead, say a month, year, or ten years and envision the kind of progress and situation we want to have in our lives in different areas. Dial's second point is to make and adhere to a schedule...preferably written down...that allocates time and place to engaging in those productive activities. Third, intention needs to be brought out in every scheduled activity, that is the mind needs to be laser-focused in concentrating on whatever we're doing instead of us just going through the motions. Fourth is a suggestion that Dial often comes back to in his podcasts: we need to act regardless of our emotions or sense of worthiness or competency...the feelings should follow the action, not determine it. And finally, establish regular routines for effecting those actions...this ties in with the scheduling. Rob Dial has a quote...presumably from himself since I can't find its source on the Internet: "Let action and routine drive your life, not emotion". I know, living like this doesn't make good reality TV, but do we really want to be like those impulsive and melodramatic "stars"? One thing I've grown to appreciate about Mr. Dial is that he keeps returning to the same themes, slightly rearranging his presentation but stressing just a few important, fundamental principles. I don't always agree with him, but as a fellow traveler through life I appreciate his efforts and input...
Monday, June 27, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment