In June I kept to the same pattern with my running and walking as with April and May, running up and down the air-conditioned hallways and rooms of my house to avoid the sweltering heat outside and getting most of my walking mileage while at my physically demanding workplace...seems to be working on both fronts. I participated in no running races in June...the only locally available one is the Depot Parkrun 5K held every Saturday morning. The good thing about it is that it's free. The drawbacks are that I have to drive across town and that it takes place at 7:30...I get off from work late the previous evening. I have a gym membership that I rarely use...it involves driving across town, too, and I have trouble finding the right time to go there. Still, with the current system I'm using I seem to be keeping in shape. I've noticed that on Facebook there are informal running groups around town: one in Tioga west of Gainesville, one that goes into the Felasco Hammock park north of me, and one that uses the Hawthorne Trail. But all three take place when I'm at work, so that won't work. Besides, truth be told, I'm a bit solitary with my running. When longer races begin to return in the fall, I may sign up for them. But for now, I'm planning to continue running indoors the way I have been doing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment