I've been carefully avoiding immersing myself in the news over the past few days, but still I've been informed enough to know that the United States Supreme Court has finally overturned the 1973 Roe vs. Wade decision that legalized abortion...with restrictions...for some 49 years after making another ruling pertaining to carrying concealed guns. There are several protest march demonstrations either ongoing or in the works...sigh, I recall a couple of years ago a liberal U.S. senator praising the marches back then as "democracy in action". No, Ms. Senator, that is NOT democracy in action. Democracy in action is for the people to get off their collective asses and VOTE IN EACH AND EVERY ELECTION. Conservatives/Republicans tend to understand this and view voting as more of a civic duty than a right. Unfortunately, enough Democrats (resulting in loss after election loss) seem to think they only need to vote for president every four years (if they're excited by the candidate, that is) and that's supposed to fix everything. No, we have an elected national Congress with the Senate and House of Representatives, as well as state legislatures and governorships that need to be addressed...on top of local elected offices. You need to VOTE IN EVERY AVAILABLE RACE and prioritized your voting decisions by where the candidates stand on the issues most crucial to you. I say this because that's not been happening...which goes a long way toward explaining why we have such a Supreme Court today that has just ruled the way it has...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment