Friday, May 20, 2022

Quote of the Week...from Regina Spektor

There's an artist I listened to for the first time, and I really didn't like them.  I had some kind of adverse reaction, and later, it became my favorite thing.                     ---Regina Spektor

I can relate to Regina Spektor's above quote, because over the course of my listening to popular music... going all the way back to the early 1960s....there have been several acts that I initially disliked...well, some I even despised.  Yet, a few of them redeemed themselves to me and I now regard them as favorites...some of them have made great albums that I have included in my Top 30 Personal Favorite Albums list that I will begin going through each week, starting in a couple of days this Sunday.  And Regina, one of my favorite musical artists of this current century, figures to be on it.  When compiling my list, it pained me to leave out many very worthy albums, but had I not done so then this project would have been too long...thirty albums over thirty weeks sounded more reasonable.  Speaking of Regina Spektor, her new studio album, titled Home, Before and After, is set for release next month: I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment