Friday, May 6, 2022

Quote of the Week...from Eleanor Roosevelt

If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.   ---Eleanor Roosevelt

Eleanor Roosevelt, America's First Lady during her husband Franklin Delano's tenure in office from 1933 until his death in 1945, has several good quotes...this one I picked up off my Music Choice Soundscapes channel.  I personally dislike breaks in the continuity of my routine existence, but unpredictable "stuff" happens and I'm sometimes forced to deal with unfortunate events and their consequences.  A discouraging medical diagnosis, auto accident, one of my loved ones having employment or financial issues...these things and more can cause one to feel as if life is throwing a curve ball at them.  But as Eleanor Roosevelt said, it's the unpredictability in life that gives it its flavor...well, some of the flavor at least, and that flavor isn't always palatable.  When a hurricane strikes...or a pandemic or war...those are not exactly desirable things to have to endure, not to mention demagogic fascist politicians and their throngs of brainless worshipers rising out of the general population like the living dead.  But they do make life more interesting, although the flavor is sometimes nauseating.  For me, though, I can come up with my own projects to challenge me, thank you, and can do without such unwelcome intrusions...still, I try to maintain a sense of perspective about it all.  What hurts me, though, is when those I care most about and deeply love are adversely affected by unanticipated reversals and are unfairly suffering the consequences, especially when those causing the trouble are walking around acting so high and holy...if there's no accountability for these lowlifes in this world then perhaps there will be in the world beyond...

No comments:

Post a Comment