I've been doing these monthly reports on my blog for years summarizing my running activity. Usually, I reveal how many miles I ran for the month, my longest single run, and how many days I ran. But in April I decided to stop that, only because my running tends to now be indoors in my own house, running up and down the long hallways and through rooms. I know I get good training workouts this way...I completed a half-marathon and a ten-mile race earlier this year...but it's next to impossible to accurately translate what I do into actual miles run. So let me just say that my running is as good as ever and that I will continue doing it primarily indoors with the air-conditioner blasting full force. If I decide to go outside, then I have a relatively large back yard to run laps around as well. I had opportunities in May to run on Saturday morning in one of the weekly, free Depot Parkrun 5Ks that Gainesville is fortunate to have. But then something else comes into play to work against that...which is that my evolving emphasis with my running is in pacing, not racing. And my experiences in that race...I think I've run it some six times so far...are that they tend to stress fast finishing times and personal records, and for good reason: it's a race, after all! But my vision of where I want my running to go is more oriented to covering longer distances at what I personally regard as a reasonable pace for me...I frankly don't care how my speed stacks up against other runners. And, with this in mind, I'd like to participate in races of at least 10K in length...since none are on the agenda around here then I'm content to run around the house instead and generally avoid the sweltering summertime heat and humidity. As for my walking, I just measure my mileage on my Fitbit and record it, most of it coming from the extensive walking I do over the course of the week at my job...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment