Saturday, April 30, 2022

My April, 2022 Running and Walking Report

Let's just cut to the chase and say that I walked a lot in April and ran much, much more, doing both on all the days of the month and running the Florida Track Club's Headwaters 5K race on the 9th here in northern Gainesville.  With walking I'm not intentionally doing anything other than accumulate mileage on my Fitbit...most of it comes from my workplace, which is a nice-sized warehouse that demands a lot of steps over the course of a shift.  The running I have to purposefully set out to accomplish, mostly during the morning, but seem to be increasing my distances and endurance quite well...no adverse effects that I can detect.  Unfortunately, the seasonal change here where I live in northern Florida spells out an immediate future of hot weather for several months...inhospitable for outdoor distance training and no distance races (10K or longer) in sight until October.  So, in all likelihood I will probably taper my running a little and intentionally walk more.  Also, since Gainesville's free 5K Depot Parkrun takes place every Saturday morning, I'll try to get in at least one race in May.  There is supposedly the Mayday Glow Run 5K scheduled in Jonesville (just west of Gainesville) on Saturday, the 7th, but I plan to be out of town then and, besides, this race's organizers don't seem to be too interested in providing needed information about its scheduled time and registration.  Oh well, maybe they'll figure it all out in time, good luck with that...  

No comments:

Post a Comment