Podcaster Rob Dial, whose specialty is life coaching and strategies, recently had a show on his Mindset Mentor series in which he explored what he called the "Law of Attraction". Dial maintains that you can manifest whatever you want by implementing its three basic elements: envision, strategize and execute. With the first, it's important to not only spend time and effort visualizing whatever it is you want to accomplish as if it has already been attained...but to do so to such an extent that success in that area seems normal. With strategizing, he suggests an investment of time, writing down the steps you need to take, both in the long run and the short. And then focus on those more immediate things you need to do. As for execution, it's all a matter of "getting off your butt", as he puts it, and getting serious: Ready, Fire, and Aim is his motto as he reverses the last two steps...emphasizing that it's important to get out there doing things even if you think you're not ready yet, with adjustments to be made afterwards. All of this sounds reasonable to me, especially the "envision" part...I think too many of us get started with stuff without thinking it through to what we really want from it...and why. And with strategizing, it's too easy to get hung up worrying or getting discouraged about long term goals not being fulfilled instead of concentrating on the now. Which kind of brings up a contradiction: you work in the present to change your habits in the direction you want while visualizing the future as if it's already happened...if I got what Dial said right. Well, since I haven't employed these principles in the more meticulous way he laid them out, who am I to say it won't work? Better to test it out by picking one area I want to achieve and applying his Law of Attraction...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment