The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals. ---Melody Beattie
Melody Beattie is the author of several self-help books, largely about overcoming and preventing codependent relationships. Although I've never read anything of hers, I think her above quote is very appropriate for this beginning of 2022. Each of us is the author of our own book of life, and for me setting and working to fulfill goals I have created is essential to making this year one of success and happiness. That's important, because goals...written down...can serve to keep me focused on what is important to me throughout all the many times that obstacles and distractions inevitably arise to curb my self-improvement in this often complicated existence. Goals provide structure and meaning to the days of my life...because of this, it's a good idea to think them out realistically. Where am I at right now with the areas I want to work on, what are my ultimate goals with them...and what steps can I be taking right now toward those ends? Changing bad habits into good ones is a part of this goal-setting...ultimately my goals should lead to me living out my daily life in a more healthful, fulfilling way...
No comments:
Post a Comment