Thursday, August 19, 2021

Watching Sports on TV During Recovery

I've been spending a great amount of evening time during my recovery watching sports on TV, first with the Tokyo Summer Olympics and next with Major League Baseball and soccer, particularly the Mexican Premier League.  I was surprised to see "my" Mexican team had a new manager (i.e. head coach), and none other than the fiery, passionate Miguel Herrera, whom I got to know well as Team Mexico's manager during the exciting 2014 World Cup.  So what became of the Tigres' long-term, very successful manager Ricardo Ferretti?  The other night Univision was showing a game between Juárez and Club América and wouldn't you know, old man Ferretti was right there, managing Juárez!  Well I've always liked both Herrera and Ferretti...I guess Juárez, nicknamed the "Bravos"...will now be my second choice behind Tigres.  As for baseball, I am delighted at the continuing success of the Tampa Bay Rays...they seem to be clicking together in all areas.  And I love the way they tend to get stronger in games as they progress into the late innings.  As for the other Florida team, the Miami Marlins, well...better luck next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment