Sometime in July I'm planning to start another weekly feature on this blog, this one a countdown of my all-time favorite full-length movies. As was the case with my "Top 500" list of all-time favorite songs I revealed and discussed from August 2019 to the end of 2020, each movie will be selected for the personal effect it had on me and not always with the aim of evaluating its artistic value...although with many, I'm sure, both factors will be in play. My interests in film are wide: westerns, action flicks, cartoons, documentaries, drama, comedy, mystery, dramatized history, science fiction, horror, and young adult, to name the more prominent categories. It should be fun to brainstorm a bit and list all the movies I like, and then to sit down and figure their relative value. I don't yet know how many movies I plan to list, but I think that when I do begin the weekly "countdown", I'll be confining my attention to one excellent, memorable film per week. Hint: I'll be mentioning one of my top favorites in this week's Friday "quotes" article...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment