Recently Melissa and I went back to an old haunt of ours: Pirate's Cove miniature golf course in Ormond Beach on A1A, where we would play along with our two children Will and Rebecca. Having recently become an "expert" on golf by dint of sitting back on my couch and watching the pros play on CBS, I thought I had it within me to try my hand at the miniature version while on vacation. The place we went to was great, with two separate courses of 18 holes each...we opted for the easier one. While royally screwing up on a few holes, for the most part I kept up with "par", but we just enjoyed playing the elaborately-created, imaginative holes, each one markedly different from the previous with special obstacles, shapes, and sloping. Since this particular attraction was about pirates, there were loudspeakers throughout the course pushing stories with that theme as well as signs discussing famous pirates in history. In miniature golf it's all putting and no driving, so you don't need that kind of athletic training and back and arm strength the regular sport demands. Still, on our outing we did walk up and down a lot of steps...the above photo is from the top of the course looking down. I think the Gainesville area still has one or two miniature golf courses...maybe we'll try them out, although I don't think I'll be tackling full-blown golf anytime soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment