I've been doing jigsaw puzzles from very early in my life and have never tired of it, my only limitation being having a large enough flat surface to lay out the pieces and put them together, a surface that doesn't need to serve any other function as I come and go from time to time to work on the puzzle. I've tended of late to post photos of various puzzles I've finished...for this article I decided to go to the other end of the process...the beginning...and picture the scattered, unorganized pieces before the fun begins, and then take one of a puzzle in progress. A jigsaw puzzle is a game in which score isn't kept and can either be done individually or communally, the latter with the implicit understanding that anyone passing by a puzzle-in-progress can work on it. At the start it's a bit tedious separating and turning up all the pieces...while in this stage I almost always separate out the end pieces as well as those with similar patterns or colors. When selecting a puzzle from a store I'm careful to avoid the ones with two much unmarked uniformity to the picture, such as one with a large section of cloudless sky. It's been a while since I last did a jigsaw puzzle...this one I did here last week was a lot of fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment