Anniversaries are like birthdays: occasions to celebrate and think ahead, usually among friends with whom one shares not only the past but the future. ---Zbigniew Brzezinski
Why am I publishing a quote about anniversaries? Because this blog of mine is 14 years old today. During that span I have written 4,654 articles about a wide variety of topics...while living my life one day at a time. Every now and then I go back and read earlier articles, expecting to find material I now strongly disagree with or find embarrassing, either for my opinions or writing style. But although I often find grammatical and word usage errors to correct, beyond that I leave it as it is, instead marveling at how much I do still agree with my past writings...the greatest divergence usually happens when I've praised a public figure, usually a politician, only to later feel betrayed by their subsequent behavior or words. As a reader you are invited to read any of these articles, going back to April 2007, and send comments to me on them: I have comment moderation primarily to avoid spam comments, and will then publish them unless you desire to keep them private...also, I believe you need to be on the blog's web version (not the phone app) to place comments. And you're welcome to comment anonymously if you prefer. Thank you for taking some time out of your life to read it and I hope it will be interesting for you in the future. By the way, Brzezinski was Jimmy Carter's National Security Advisor from 1977 to 1981 and passed away in 2017...his daughter Mika is married to Joe Scarborough and co-hosts their morning MSNBC show...
No comments:
Post a Comment