I'm looking forward to tomorrow's Super Bowl contest between the defending champions Kansas City Chiefs and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to decide the National Football League championship for the 2020 season. Although I am first and foremost a Miami Dolphins fan, they regrettably just missed making the playoffs although enjoying a very respectable 10-6 regular season...turns out that my favorites in each conference among the remaining playoff field, the Chiefs and Bucs, both made it to the grand finale: that just might be a first for me! I'm not so devoted to the sport that I know every player on each team, but I greatly respect their quarterbacks the way I would an ace starting pitcher on a World Series baseball team. KC's Pat Mahomes and TB's Tom Brady have already demonstrated their talent and ability to lead their respective teams to Super Bowl glory, the former still very young with many promising years ahead of him and the latter in the twilight of his playing career, turning a perennial also-ran franchise quickly into a contender after leading New England to six league championships. It's going to be fun watching this game since I like both teams so much...I just hope everyone comes out of it in one piece and the contest is close and well-played. Tampa Bay is the underdog, and I think they'll probably have to continue to rely on strategic turnovers in their favor in order to keep the score close and give themselves a chance to win. Right now Mahomes is a better passer and runner than Brady, but Brady has so much accumulated knowledge of every aspect of his position over the years that he may have an advantage in a very tight game. They're both exciting to watch, and I'm happily anticipating a Super Bowl in which I'm finally NOT rooting against Brady...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment