Thursday, January 28, 2021

Using AlphaSmart Word Processor for Writing Once Again


During the first several years of this blog, I tended to write out my articles using a primitive portable word processor called AlphaSmart.  I'm returning to it now because it is small and lightweight, runs what seems like forever on three AA batteries, is independent of the Internet so I can use in anywhere, and I can then send all of my writings to my blog while at home on my secure Internet connection. It quickly starts up...none of that annoying waiting time like on my laptop...and automatically saves files as I write.  It contains eight files, so I can easily go back and forth on various writing projects as well...and it has a large storage capacity.   In the past I've worn out a number of these very handy devices, so I went to Amazon to get another one...this version is called Neo2.  They are sadly no longer in production, and supplies are limited...if in the future I can't buy another one, then I guess I'll just have to adjust to it.  But for now I'm getting a kick out of using this sweet little word processor...

No comments:

Post a Comment