Melissa gave me a very interesting Christmas present this year: a Celestron Powerseeker 127EQ reflector telescope that promises to open up the nighttime sky in much enhanced detail for me. I haven't yet assembled it, though. I'd like to get more backyard privacy first in order to use it without the neighbors freaking out. Putting it together shouldn't be that difficult, especially with a number of YouTube "how to" videos to assist. January, usually marked by dry, cool weather and clear skies here in northern Florida, is the best month for star-gazing with Orion, the most spectacular constellation of all, high in the southern sky...but regardless of the time or season there should always be something interesting to see. I greatly look forward to viewing the moon and planets in greater detail as well as nebulae, star clusters and galaxies. Stay tuned...
Thursday, January 7, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Star-gazing can be quite the challenge with all of the light pollution these days. Hope you have plenty of nice, clear nights for looking towards the heavens. Do you have any inclination to set it up for taking photos?
ReplyDeleteThey have special adapters designed for Celestron telescopes on sale...I'm waiting to see how the scope works out before I order one, though. But yes, I'm strongly considering getting one. My main concerns are privacy rather than the lighting...I'm working on that at this time.
ReplyDelete