Back in my New Years Day article I expressed some of my frustrations about COVID-19 and the early vaccination process. I'm 64 and "just" too young to make the cutoff for seniors getting priority, and my state's governor is refusing to honor the federal guidelines giving "essential" workers the next round...postal workers are included in that classification which Ron Desantis has decided to deemphasize. So I've basically fallen through the cracks and will need to wait. That may be just as well seeing how disorganized the vaccine distribution and administration process has been during the last several days...hopefully by the time my "turn" comes up they'll have worked out the snags and we'll be flooded with available vaccines. In the meantime I will have to work around many who absolutely refuse to wear masks or socially distance, putting my health and safety...as well as that of my wife...at greater risk. There's a misguided proposal to delay needed second doses of the vaccine...very bad idea, which I've been told will only give the virus much more opportunity to mutate and resist further attempts to control it down the line. I'm not judging people if they choose not to vaccinate for the coronavirus, but they can at least wear masks and socially distance...to me any refusal to do that is an open act of aggression and should be treated as an assault on others...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment