In November I ran for a total of 102 miles, missing three days of running and with 6 miles being my longest single run of the month. I also began to record my walking mileage, amassing a total of 105 miles in November. I expect the walking-to-running mileage ratio to increase as I get older, and will most likely eventually transition into a primarily walking exercise routine. This doesn't mean that I am forgoing athletics: speed walking is definitely an option for me and might be something to pursue in shorter races, especially the 5K ones. But for the immediate future I'm still running and the weather this first week in December has made a strong turn to cooler winter conditions, giving me impetus to go out once again on long weekend runs. As for races, the coronavirus pandemic surge is precluding my participation, even for any races that are being held in defiance of recommendations. Hopefully, in the not too distant future the vaccines will turn it all around and I'll be able to enter a few in 2021...we'll see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment