Around my family recently the question came up about what I wanted for Christmas...struggling to come up with something, I responded that I'd like a James Bond DVD since I enjoy watching that spy movie series. My daughter Rebecca then informed me that there is a free channel on Roku called Pluto which plays James Bond movies 24/7, with other channels devoted to genre-based films and specific television series like Star Trek and MacGyver. I checked it out and can now confidently state that at any given moment in time (when I'm free to watch TV) I can find myself watching one of the 007 movies, stretching back from the first, Dr. No, from 1962 all the way through Die Another Day, from 2002...it does seem that the most recent ones featuring Daniel Craig as Bond are excluded, though, and you don't pick the movie but rather watch what's been scheduled: that works for me. The channels on Pluto do include commercial breaks, which I am totally okay with...gives me opportunities to run to the kitchen or bathroom! Another channel, Tubi, provides all 17 episodes of the British science fiction series The Prisoner starring the late Patrick McGoohan...and it's also possible to access McGoohan's previous spy series Danger Man, marketed in the U.S. as Secret Agent Man with the famous Johnny Rivers theme song. Not that I have the time to watch all this stuff, but it's nice to have this option with the Bond flicks. Now all they need to do is come up with a Clint Eastwood channel...
Thursday, December 24, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment