Friday, October 16, 2020

Quote of the Week...from a Local Hazardous Waste Center Employee

When in doubt, bring it out!                     --Alachua County Hazardous Waste Center Employee

Having accumulated assorted old bottles of cleaning agents, paint cans, other caustic agents...as well as a couple of useless old push lawn mowers, I decided to unload them and discovered that here in Alachua County we have an excellent one-stop center for doing just that.  Called the Alachua County Hazardous Waste Center, its at 5125 NE 63rd Avenue, which you get to going north on Waldo Road a little past the NE 53rd Avenue light and turning right just past the green roadside sign advertising the site.  Then go down a little and follow the sign on the right and you're there.  Earlier this week I somehow managed to cram the two cruddy old mowers into my two-door Honda Civic and drove down there and then to the drop-off spot the helpful gentleman working at the site directed for me.  After that I mentioned some other items I might bring on another day and he bestowed the above perfect quote on me.  I recognize that this waste center is a bit of a drive for many, but it has the convenience of being available when you want to use it (weekdays and Saturdays), instead of having to wait for specified times of the year for drop-off.  Here's their webpage, which lists the various items that they will receive: [Waste Center].  Hopefully, if you live in a different area, your own community provides a similarly convenient service...

No comments:

Post a Comment