In October I ran for a total of 161 miles, putting in time on every day of the month. My longest single run was for just 5 miles as I employed the strategy of shorter runs and multiple activities within the day. I also walked quite a bit, something I plan to intentionally increase in emphasis. Because of COVID-19 I see no races for myself anytime in the future...I knew some other places downstate were apparently hosting races but I didn't realize until today that my own Gainesville will be holding something on November 20th called the Cupcake Race, with 5K, 10K, and half-marathon events all to begin at 8 am. It uses the Hawthorne Trail as a course and starts and ends from Boulware Springs Park on SE 15th Street. I'm trying to wrap my head around the logistics involved in bringing all these people together in one spot at the same time and then starting the race and with them all breathing heavily in each others' faces...sadly sounds like a super-spreader event tailor-made for pandemic deniers and herd immunity proponents. No, if I run a half-marathon anytime in the next few months I think I'll just do it by myself and save the money and exposure danger. The other day the weather turned pleasantly cooler and drier...maybe if it lasts I'll see if I can't notch up the distances with my neighborhood runs. In October I ran slowly and often...for November I see no reason to change...
Saturday, October 31, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment