Friday, July 3, 2020

Quote of the Week...from Les Brown

 You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.                 ---Les Brown

Les Brown is an American motivational speaker who has appeared in the past on Public Television fundraising drives...that's how I got impressed with his rhetorical skills.  Being in my sixties, I'm not getting any younger but still need to believe in progress and self-improvement.  It's important to look at the future and see possibilities and opportunities for personal advancement and new experiences.  I want to continue to learn foreign languages, learn to play a musical instrument or two (or more), write a book or two (or more), travel a bit, keep up my health even to the point of continuing running races for years to come, and develop my interpersonal communications skills...the area I probably need work on the most.  And I want to do this all while encouraging my wonderful wife Melissa to do likewise with her goals and dreams, the two of us sharing our joys and experiences...the same goes for our children Will and Rebecca as they stake out their respective futures as young adults...

No comments:

Post a Comment