Tuesday, June 30, 2020
My June 2020 Running Report
In June my total running mileage dropped down to 128 miles...substantially lower than the previous two months' figures but overall higher than before. My longest single run was 5 miles, accomplished on a number of days. The very muggy, rainy...and this past weekend, dusty conditions...kept me from my planned weekend "long" runs, as well as a couple of occasions in which I simply did not feel well and rested: I skipped running two days in June. As for July, my main obstacle with going out on longer training runs will be the weather as the temperatures continue to surge and the typical humidity for this part of the country remains high...as well as possible rain. If I do go out on a long venture, I plan to mix my running with walking breaks, as marathon guru Jeff Galloway has taught...a strategy that has worked well for me in the past. As I age (I'm 63), I'll probably be increasing my walking-to-running ratio but would still want to participate in races like half-marathons and 10Ks and 15Ks, assuming we ever get around to holding them again. I'm hoping that by November 11th, conditions with this pandemic will have alleviated enough for the Tom Walker Memorial Half-Marathon to take place here in Gainesville, but I'm prepared to wait until next year for a race if it's canceled. In any event, staying healthy and fit is my main goal for the immediate future...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment