Tuesday, April 14, 2020
We Have Ourselves a Rain-Soaked Day (and Week)
The birds around my home sure do like it, but I have mixed feelings about the sometimes-stormy rain we began experiencing here yesterday in north-central Florida and which has been going on strong this morning. The rain should fall all week long and into the next weekend. although I'm sure we'll get a few breaks when the sun shines through and the clouds temporarily part. My area surrounding Gainesville has experienced a severe shortfall of precipitation in the last few months and as such the wildfire danger has dramatically increased...hopefully all this new moisture in the ground will alleviate that concern. My preference would have been for it to have rained intermittently for the past few weeks without this onslaught we're now going to experience. The weather pattern now going through our area caused much tornado devastation and death in states north of us...I guess I should be grateful that we've been spared that fate so far. Still, a very mushy, supersaturated ground can present its own problems...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment