Tuesday, March 31, 2020
My March 2020 Running Report
In March my running activity markedly increased from the previous month, with me running on all but two days and amassing 132 total miles for the month. My longest single run was on Friday the 20th when I covered 9.3 miles. I had earlier scheduled that day off from work in anticipation of running a half-marathon in Ormond Beach the following Saturday morning...and then why not make it all a sweet, pleasant beach weekend with Melissa? But sadly, this damnable disease scratched all that and all other upcoming races...and beach trips...are off for the foreseeable future...we all have more urgent priorities to deal with now. In the meantime I, and hopefully you, will continue to practice Google's recommendations for preventing the spread of the coronavirus: (1) HANDS: wash them often, (2) ELBOW: cough into it, (3) FACE: don't touch it, (4) SPACE: stay more than 3 ft. apart, and (5) FEEL: sick? Stay home. My job is officially deemed to be "essential" so my work schedule is unchanged...two in my family are working from home and two go out to work. At least that's the situation at this moment... but you never know in these interesting and disturbing times what will be mandated the next moment. So far, though, getting outdoors on one's own while practicing safe distancing and going for walks or runs is considered an acceptable part of the "stay at home" paradigm currently being put forth. And as long as my health holds up, I suppose I'll keep running, either inside or outside...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment