I have a boat, but when I first thought about taking a cruise, I thought, "You're going to trap me on a boat, and I'm going to walk in circles and go crazy", but it's awesome. ---Guy Fieri
Guy Fieri, if the name doesn't ring a bell for you, is the host and traveling chef of the popular Food Network TV series Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. I haven't watched the show for some time but I did appreciate that Fieri departed from the stereotypical image of a famous gourmet chef as being something of an overly critical, fit-pitching prima donna type (as Gordon Ramsey is, for example). Not that I want to devote this article to talking about him, though. Melissa and I will be going on our first cruise this Sunday and it will be leaving Ft. Lauderdale and making stops at the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgins Islands over the course of its week-long voyage before returning. I'm personally not too keen on the notion of thousands of people being crowded together with us on a boat...albeit a very, very big boat...but it's a new adventure and I'm looking forward to it...especially the idea of standing outside at night looking at the ocean and stars with Melissa. Regarding the crowding, we'll see...I'm holding you to your words, Guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment