In January I ran a total of 115 miles, with 7.2 miles being my single longest run. I missed out on two long-distance races I was thinking of running in, the first...the Ocala Half-Marathon...because it was raining, and the second...the Newnan's Lake 15K...because I was feeling under the weather and didn't think it advisable to overtax my recovering body. Now I'm fine...
I'm going on a vacation cruise this month with Melissa which coincides with Gainesville's Five Points of Life Marathon/Half-Marathon/5K races. I was disappointed that they had altered the race course last year from the heart of Gainesville...with all its attractions including the University of Florida campus...to a nondescript area southwest of town. But they're back in 2020 with the original, preferred course...if they stick with it and I'm ready to run that distance, I'll see if in 2021 if I can't run the half-marathon: it will be my sixth Five Points half-marathon if I do. I'm also thinking about a half-marathon being held in Ormond Beach in March...it's been a while since I drove any distance to run a race. In the meantime, I'll be trying to build up my distance endurance by running around the neighborhood on my convoluted courses, assuming my health holds up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment