Thursday, January 30, 2020
Plan to Start Reviewing Sci-Fi Short Story Collections by Author
I like my year-to-year retrospective look at old science fiction stories...I started at the year 1939 and am currently working through 1956. I plan to continue with my reviews, but I would like to take a break every now and then and go through a famous author's collected works. Writers like Henry Kuttner, C.L. (Catherine) Moore, Ray Bradbury, Arthur C. Clarke, Philip K. Dick, William Tenn, Theodore Sturgeon, Isaac Asimov, and Fredric Brown immediately come to mind...but the first one I'll look at is Robert Heinlein and his early short stories. That's because he refused to allow his stories to appear in the anthology series I'm examining (Isaac Asimov Presents the Great SF Stories) following the 1939 volume, and Heinlein is widely regarded as one of the greatest writers ever in this genre, with many of his stories worthy of inclusion as one of the "year's best". So after I'm finished with 1956 I'll be looking at Heinlein's stories, after which I'll get back with the Asimov anthology and the year 1957...all this to appear Wednesdays down the road on this blog...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment