To me birthdays have traditionally been more of a celebration within my own immediate family than a general social event, which kind of sets me at odds with Facebook, which tends to overpromote them, in my opinion...but I understand that for most they tend to like it and that's okay, too. For some reason, however, although I had indicated my own birthday to Facebook, they never do acknowledge it...that's fine, because although I'll occasionally wish somebody on it a happy birthday I don't do it regularly and...like I said, I'm more into celebrating the event among family. After all, since we're all alive that means we all have birthdays...I like the traditional Eastern notion of everybody celebrating their birthdays together at the start of the New Year. Still, I don't mean to snub or shun anyone by not writing on their timeline on their birthdays...I just don't spend a lot of time on Facebook, my primary use of which is to provide a link to my daily blog article...
And since my active involvement with Facebook pertains to this blog, it disturbs me that this site deliberately restricts...according to some algorithm of theirs...which of my Facebook friends see it appear on their newsfeed: apparently most do not. I'm thinking of trying and seeing whether I can also use Twitter to increase readership...I have a couple of strategies I'm thinking of implementing there. In any event, I'd just like to go ahead for the next 366 days and wish each and every one of you a Happy Birthday...whenever it comes...and while I'm here, go ahead and wish Gene a happy one for today, assuming that Facebook puts this link on your newsfeed, that is...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment