Tuesday, December 31, 2019

My December 2019 Running Report

In December I ran a total of 102 miles, missing training on three days with 9.3 miles being my single longest run.  That run occurred on December 7, the second year in a row I ran the Seasons of Hope 15K along the Hawthorne Trail southeast of Gainesville.  I had reported on this blog a couple of hours after the race that my recovery seemed to be going well...unfortunately, later that evening my body was aching badly and it was painful moving and resting in certain positions.  The next day it cleared up substantially, with the aching completely disappearing the following day.  I'm going to need to reconsider my recovery strategy following a race, rehydrating much more and cutting out the coffee (I drank several cups going into late afternoon that day).  I also wonder whether I pulled something as I was straining at the end of that 15K race...no more straining for me!

I am still considering trying out that Ocala Half-Marathon on January 19...I hadn't run it since 2013.  If I do, though, I will be going at it slow with walking breaks every few minutes.  And there's the Newnan's Lake 15K race at the end of the month as well, something I've grown accustomed to running in recent years.  I'd like to continue with my long weekend training runs as well...I have the courses already mapped out.  And thanks to my wife Melissa, who has become quite a walker, I plan to increase my fitness walking in the months to come...should running become untenable to me as I journey through my senior years, it seems to be the logical next "step" for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment