Saturday, November 30, 2019

My November 2019 Running Report

In November I ran a total of 120 miles, missing three days and with 13.1 miles being my single longest run of the month.  I ran two races: the Tom Walker Memorial Half-Marathon (on the Hawthorne Trail) on the 10th and the Gainesville Turkey Trot 10K (at Tacachale) on the 28th. In the half-marathon I ran a slow pace while the 10K was a bit faster.  In the middle of the month I had to take a break from running for three days, as I was undergoing some kind of allergic/inflammatory general attack on my body, which hits me from time to time and makes me feel pretty crappy.  But I recovered and feel good...

I'd like to continue with my established pattern of training, especially with those long weekend runs.  I don't see any particular races coming up for me in December, but in January there is the Ocala Half-Marathon...an event that I've run twice before and has a great course south of the city in horse country.  I still wonder to myself whether I might not again try to tackle the 26.2 mile marathon distance in a future race...for now, I'll just take it from week to week and see how I do with my progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment