Tuesday, October 1, 2019

My September 2019 Running Report

In September my running picked up as I worked to increase my single run mileage, looking ahead to entering a local half-marathon race in November.  I amassed a total of 104 miles for the month and missed on running for only two days...my longest single run was 10 miles, done just this past Saturday on a convoluted course up and down the streets of my neighborhood and the adjacent one in the heat of the afternoon (mid-to-upper 8os).  My pattern of running involves a long Saturday run, a mid-length mid-week run, usually on Wednesday, and primarily indoor training the rest of the days...seems to be working out so far.  I'm also building up my distance by taking short walking breaks interspersed throughout the run...when I get to half-marathon distance, hopefully in the next week or two, I'll start to diminish those walking breaks.  I've also been going on some increasingly lengthy weekend evening walks with Melissa...this will further my progress as well...

The weather's finally beginning to at least marginally get a little cooler...although the forecast is for low-90s today.  That will help with my running, too...if I can keep away from injury or sickness it should be an interesting, fun time from November through early next year as I try this time to achieve and maintain half-marathon readiness year-round...

No comments:

Post a Comment