Saturday, June 1, 2019
My May 2019 Running Report
In May I ran a total of 130 miles, missing three days...the longest single run was 8.1 miles. I ran the May Day Glow Run 5K on the 4th (in the evening) in Jonesville, a few miles west of Gainesville off Newberry Road. As the year progresses into the summer months, the temperatures are rising...we've seen them spike into the 100s this past week. So when I do go outside to run around my neighborhood I am careful to take short walking breaks throughout my runs as well as carry a low-sugar sports drink with me for rehydration as I go along. Healthwise I don't see anything impeding me from continuing along with my running, and I would like to increase my endurance by the fall season to half-marathon level again. In June there are no public races here other than the weekly Depot Park 5K Parkrun, held each Saturday morning at 7:30 at that east Gainesville park. It's free but you need to preregister at their website to obtain the barcodes necessary to record and post your finishes. Here's a link to that site: [Parkrun]. I've run it twice so far this year...it's just tough for me, more an afternoon/evening person...to get up that early on a Saturday morning to run a race. My main running emphasis in June, though, will be to get out and run some of my own personally-designed courses at a more subdued pace...and pile up the mileage while being careful about the heat. In years gone by, I used to report for work later in the afternoon, according me more time for longer runs...my reporting time now is 1:30 pm, so I've often had to curtail my runs just to get to work on time. Looks like I'll just have to start getting up and out earlier if I want to increase my mileage...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment