Tuesday, April 30, 2019

My April 2019 Running Report

April continued with more of the kinds of positive running experiences I experienced in  March: I ran a total of 126 miles for the month, my longest single run being for 10 miles...and I missed one day of running.  Last Saturday morning I ran in a new race for me, the Run the Good Race 5K/10K held in town at the North Florida Regional office park...I ran the 10K event.  I believe I have the energy and fitness level to begin to regularly tackle longer distance training runs...I'd like to get back up to daily 6-mile+ runs with occasional peak runs of around 10-13 miles, running through my own designed courses I used to extensively train on in years gone by.  No, I don't plan to run a 26.2-mile marathon, but I do think that I am suited for about half that distance...I've run 11 half-marathon races since 2010 and don't see any reason to stop.  But for the next few months, the only races I'll run will be the 5K variety.  For example, next Saturday evening on May 4th at the town of Tioga west of Gainesville on Newberry Road they'll hold their annual May Day Glow Run 5K, which I've run before...I plan to enter it again.  And each Saturday morning at 7:30 there is the free Depot Parkrun 5K, held at that city park off Main Street and Depot Road.  I would like to get my 5K time back down to a more respectable level, and this race gives me the chance to do something more sociable with my running through the hot summer months.  But first let's see what May has in store for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment