Thursday, February 28, 2019
My February 2019 Running Report
In February my running mileage increased, largely due to me feeling better and not having the back issue that nagged me in January: 107 total miles. I ran each day, and managed a 9.3-mile semi-jog designed to just cover the distance without regard to speed. On the 9nd I ran the local weekly Saturday morning Depot Parkrun 5K race...I'd like to make this a monthly tradition, realizing that entering it every week probably isn't feasible. As for other future races, until the fall I'd like to restrict the distance to 10K (6.2 miles). There is a such a race, called Run the Good Race, scheduled for April 27th and to take place around the North Florida Regional office park area across Newberry Road from the Oaks Mall. A couple of trail races are set in the Gainesville vicinity for March, but I'd rather stick to the road instead of getting stuck in the mud. Sadly, what I had hoped to become an annual tradition, the Run for Haven 10K/5K race in mid-March with a St. Patrick's Day theme in Tioga (a few miles west of Gainesville) is no more...2017 seems to have been its last year. I don't know why the race ended as it was extremely popular and had many participants. Well, I think instead I'll just stick to my daily training runs during the next few weeks and occasionally go to Depot Park on Saturday morning...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment