Saturday, December 1, 2018
My November 2018 Running Report
November saw my running picking up, clearly coinciding with the cooler weather conditions here in northern Florida. I had anticipated running in one or more races...there were two half-marathons and a 10K event held during the month in Gainesville. Because of scheduling conflicts, a problem with registering for one of the races, and/or health issues I managed to skip all of them. Yet it was a more successful running month for me than previous ones, with my total accrued distance of 76 miles, peak daily runs of 14 and 7.2 miles, and 6 days taken off from running. I've been faithfully traversing my personally-designed training routes around my own subdivision and the adjacent one: yesterday morning I covered 7.2 miles in this manner and plan to adhere as much as possible to that distance each day, schedule and weather permitting. A week from now there's a 15K race in eastern Gainesville...I'll probably wait until it is almost upon me before I decide whether to enter it. I attribute much of my recent improvement to the new running shoes that I purchased from a local running store after their manager analyzed my running style...I've also been doing recommended stretching exercises before running that have helped me, too. So at this writing I'm feeling optimistic about my running...ultimately I want to run in local 15K and half-marathon races scheduled for January and February, respectively...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment