Monday, December 31, 2018

My December 2018 Running Report

In December my total running mileage continued to increase, totaling 86 miles, while I managed to run a local 15K race...the Season of Hope 15K along the Hawthorne Trail...in deliberately slow fashion.  That 9.3 mile run was also the longest single distance I ran during the month. I took three days off from running in December...

There's no doubt that I feel my general running endurance is much improved, and I think it's also better than at this date a year ago.  I still plan to run a 15K race later in January and a half-marathon in February...both Gainesville events that I've run multiple times before.  Also in January is the Ocala Half-Marathon, which I've run before in 2013 as well as their marathon race in 2011 (they no longer host marathons): if I can register on race morning I might participate.  I'm looking forward to some more cooler weather that is more conducive to long-distance training...lately here in north central Florida it's either been raining or warm and humid (like today)...yuck!  I've also begun to speed-walk and plan to eventually do it on the same level as my running, most likely integrating the two within races as my age keeps creeping higher...

No comments:

Post a Comment