The 2018 University of Florida football team ended its already successful season today in Atlanta's Peach Bowl with a convincing 41-15 drubbing over nemesis Michigan, which had beaten the Gators in their previous four games. At first the game seemed very evenly played between the two teams, with UF holding a slim 13-10 halftime lead. But early in the third quarter Florida intercepted a Wolverine pass deep in their territory and returned it back...the play flipped the flow of the game as the Gators scored on the ensuing short drive, building up a 20-10 lead and never looking back. The Florida defense appeared to strengthen as the game wore on and sophomore quarterback Feleipe Franks was spectacular in his running and long passes. First year head coach Dan Mullen has a lot to be proud of with this 10-3 squad...the one standout thing I'd like to see them improve on the most next year is the tendency of some of their players to engage in unsportsmanlike and embarrassing taunting and baiting against opposing players and fans. I watched the game on ESPN, and Mullen always seemed to be available for sideline interviews...but nary a word did I hear from Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh: was he pulling some kind of silence-against-the-press act? Or maybe I just happened to be out of the room when he was corralled for a few words. He's a good coach, but if I were a Wolverine fan I'd probably have tired of his antics a long time ago...
Many of Florida's starters are returning in 2019 and the prospects are high for this team to excel. Let's see if Coach Mullen can keep it all together...he did a great job this year...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment