Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Tuesday's List: Possible Presidential Candidates for 2020

I was browsing the Internet looking for a site that provided a reasonably comprehensive list of possible presidential candidates for 2020 when I realized that the search engine I was using, Bing, had one at the top of their page...so I wrote it down below, adding to each name the person's background.  Naturally, the opposition party has more potential candidates than the incumbent's party...I'm unfamiliar with many of them, especially those serving in the House of Representatives or in state political offices.  Right now, I'd like to see either senator Amy Klobuchar or former VP Joe Biden run and win...but it's still very, very early and somebody not on this list could rise up out of nowhere and steal the show...

DEMOCRATS
JOE BIDEN...former vice-president, former senator from Delaware
MICHAEL BLOOMBERG...businessman, former New York City mayor
RICHARD BLUMENTHAL...senator from Connecticut
CORY BOOKER...senator from New Jersey
SHERROD BROWN...senator from Ohio
STEVE BULLOCK...governor of Montana
PETER BUTTIGIEG...mayor of South Bend, Indiana
JULIAN CASTRO...former HUD secretary, San Antonio mayor
MARK CUBAN...entrepreneur
ANDREW CUOMO...governor of New York
JOHN DELANEY...representative from Maryland
TULSI GABBARD...representative from Hawaii
ERIC GARCETTI...mayor of Los Angeles
KIRSTEN GILLIBRAND...senator from New York
KAMALA HARRIS...senator from California
JOHN HICKENLOOPER...governor of Colorado
ERIC HOLDER...former attorney general
JAY INSLEE...governor of Washington
DWAYNE JOHNSON...actor, former pro wrestler
TIM KAINE...senator from Virginia
JOSEPH P. KENNEDY III...representative from Massachusetts
AMY KLOBUCHAR...senator from Minnesota
MITCH LANDRIEU...former mayor of New Orleans
TERRY MCAULIFFE..governor of Virginia
JEFF MERKLEY...senator from Oregon
SETH MOULTON...representative from Massachusetts
RICHARD OJEDA...state senator in West Virginia
MARTIN O'MALLEY...former governor of Maryland
BETO O'ROURKE...representative from Texas
DEVAL PATRICK...former governor of Massachusetts
TIM RYAN...representative from Ohio
SHERYL SANDBERG...Facebook chief operating officer
BERNIE SANDERS...senator from Vermont
HOWARD SCHULTZ...former Starbucks CEO
TOM STEYER...hedge fund manager and philanthropist
ERIC SWALWELL...representative from California
MARK WARNER...senator from Virginia
ELIZABETH WARREN...senator from Massachusetts
MARK ZUCKERBERG...co-founder and CEO of Facebook

REPUBLICANS
JEFF FLAKE...senator from Arizona
JOHN KASICH...governor of Ohio
DONALD TRUMP...current White House occupant

No comments:

Post a Comment