I've been enjoying the shift in weather here in northern Florida for the last couple of days, with temperatures getting cool at night and remaining pleasant through the day. It's good running weather, too, but circumstances seem to have been stymying me from going out on long runs. I was planning to run the Tom Walker Memorial Half-Marathon in southeastern Gainesville yesterday morning, but car difficulties changed my priorities and I spent the time at the auto shop instead. Last minute developments like this are why I don't like to sign up and pay for races in advance, instead preferring to pay a little extra and register on race morning. Unfortunately, the Cupcake race coming up this Sunday at Depot Park and the Hawthorne Trail, which features a number of distances including a half-marathon, does require advance registration...I'm passing it up for that very reason. Instead, I'm thinking of running once again the 10K (6.2 mile) Turkey Trot at Tacachale Center on Thanksgiving morning...
I let slip by my monthly running report for October...not much to write about as it was. I only ran 44 total miles for the month and missed 8 days. My longest run was for 6.6 miles. My mileage has picked up some this month, but I currently don't feel comfortable entering a half-marathon...maybe a 10K for now and the longer event in January or February...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment