Sunday, August 5, 2018

Yet Another Star Trek TV Series Coming

It doesn't look as if the Star Trek franchise as it relates to television series will ever be a thing of the past, only found through reruns or Netflix, and news has been released as to future plans.  Entertainment Weekly, through my MSN computer newsfeed, has announced that Patrick Stewart will return in a new Star Trek series, donning one again his beloved role of Jean-Luc Picard from Star Trek: The Next Generation.  Picard will be portrayed later on in his life, which makes sense unless Stewart plans on going through Botox or extensive makeup work for every filming.  CBS plans to broadcast it as a regular network series...I'm looking forward to it, although in all frankness I still have yet to view most of the episodes in the previous  Star Trek series.  I saw all of the original series episodes starring William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy, a fraction of Stewart's Next Generation, and very few of Deep Space Nine or Voyager.  I watched none of Enterprise, which wasn't allowed to conclude its run before being cancelled, nor of Discovery, which is has been on CBS since last year and predates even Enterprise on the Star Trek timeline.  I'm interested in the new series, though, because I'm a fan of Stewart and came to prefer the Next Generation episodes in which he was the main actor...sometimes they could get a bit sidetracked and, in my opinion, boring when they focused on one of the side characters.  Well, we'll see what comes of this...

No comments:

Post a Comment