In June my running mileage increased to 84 total miles, reflecting my general good health and a renewed commitment to running longer distances. I gradually went on longer and longer runs, my best one being 5.1 miles: an improvement over the past few months, but still much lower than the level I want to reach. I ran on every day of June...so far, so good...
On the Fourth of July in Gainesville they have an annual three-mile race, at Westside Park, called the Melon Run. I've run it a couple of times in the past, but was disappointed the last time...they had altered the course to confine it to repeated laps around the park, plus the humidity was an unbearable 89% with the morning temperature in the low 80s. I'm thinking, though, of trying it again this Wednesday…I believe I'm in better shape now than the last time I ran it. Since this will be the only race for me until the fall, I thought it might be a good idea to take advantage of this opportunity, short race though it is. We'll see...in the meantime my plan for July is to stay the course with my running and keep gradually building up my distances and endurance...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment