Monday, May 21, 2018
Slogging Through Rainy Day After Rainy Day
Carrying an umbrella around wherever I go has never been a habit for me...at least not until this week. Day after miserable day here in the Gainesville vicinity it's been one rainstorm after another. The ground around my house has become saturated with water...parking on the grass like I usually do is no longer an option if I don't want to have to call AAA to tow my car free of the muck. I am glad that I managed somehow during a rare precipitation intermission to get the front and back lawn mowed, but it looks as if the breaks from rain with be few and far between for the foreseeable future. One of my friends at work said that there was a tropical disturbance spinning off this moisture...sure do wish it would spin it off somewhere else. The one bright spot with all this is that we're pretty much immune to any forest fires in this area that tend to accompany dry, drought conditions. Well, I had to find something positive to say about this awful weather...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment