Sunday, April 1, 2018

NCAA Men's Basketball Tourney Down to Final Game

Well, the NCAA men’s basketball championship tournament has reached the final game...after starting with 68 teams just a few days ago. Although the three Florida teams are all gone, each of them...Florida, Miami, and Florida State...were competitive in their losses, nothing to be ashamed of. The Hurricanes, I’m sure, were very disappointed being knocked out in the first round by severe underdog Loyola of Chicago, but they should take solace in losing to a team that made it all the way to the Final Four before losing to Michigan. The injury-hampered Gators played gamely against a much-improved Texas Tech in the second round and the Seminoles should have beaten Michigan in their Elite Eight game but had some serious problems with their shooting in the second half. In the end, tomorrow night will feature Villanova against Michigan in the championship game. Although I don’t particularly care for either team, I’m gratified that neither of them are among the 20 teams cited by the FBI for possible player-payment violations. Will I watch the game? No way...I’m working!

No comments:

Post a Comment