Wednesday, February 28, 2018

My February 2018 Running Report

This past month I ran for a total of 73 miles...not much...but I did manage to scrape through a difficult half-marathon on the 18th.  That event, Gainesville's Five Points of Life Half-Marathon, took place under extraordinarily warm and muggy conditions that burdened me throughout...besides, I wasn't in top condition for it.  I skipped running on 4 days, all in the week after the race...my 61-year old body now feels pretty well recovered from it all and I'm training again.  That 13.1-mile half-marathon also happened to be my single longest run of February...

During the last few days I have been splitting up my daily training into two parts: morning at home and late night at my local 24-hour gym after work.  So far this change seems to be working well for me...if I run in any races in March, I'd like to be in better shape!  Speaking of March races, that Run for Haven 10K race that has been held in March in Tioga (a few miles west of Gainesville) hasn't been canceled as I feared: it's being rescheduled to take place in the fall...I guess they won't be going with the theme of St. Patrick's Day anymore.  There's a 10K race called Trail of Payne that I had been meaning to run for many years but never got around to...the title is self-explanatory: a trail race in Payne's Prairie...should be an adventure if I decide to run it.  And why not, now that I'm now accustomed to running a 10K race every March...

No comments:

Post a Comment